WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or other internet-enabled device that enable our features and functionality. They allow us to record information when you visit or interact with our websites, products and services (collectively, our “Websites”). Other tracking technologies, such as web beacons and pixels work similarly to cookies, placing small data files on your device that monitor your Website activity.
WHAT KINDS OF COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES DO WE USE?
PERSISTENT AND SESSION COOKIES
We use two categories of cookies: Persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies are cookies that help us recognize you. They are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences and actions across multiple sites and on multiple visits. Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session, allowing us to link your actions during a particular browsing session.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We perform cross-device tracking which allows us to provide more relevant advertising to you on multiple devices. We do this by identifying browsing activity on your smartphones, tablets, desktop computers and other devices connected to the same IP address or logged into the same account to better understand the products and services that might be of interest to you.
LOCAL STORAGE OBJECTS
We also use Local Storage Objects (LSOs), such as HTML5, to, among other things, optimize screen presentation, video and other preference information.
We use Google Analytics which is a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our Websites. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our Website. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Websites. The reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors.
We use the following types of cookies for the reasons described below. These cookies may be set by us or a third-party service provider to perform the functions described below:
- Required: These cookies and tracking technologies are required to help our websites work correctly. For example, these cookies allow you to navigate our Website and use essential features, including secure areas and shopping baskets.
- Analytics: These cookies and tracking technologies help us understand how customers and visitors interact with our Websites. They provide us with information about areas of our Websites visited, time spent on our Websites, transactions performed, and any error messages you receive. These cookies allow us to improve the performance of our Websites. They may collect your IP address but only for the purpose of identifying general locations of visitors and identifying fraudulent or spam traffic.
- Functional: These cookies and tracking technologies allow our Websites to remember choices you make to give you better functionality and a personalized experience. For example, when you select a specific currency on one of our Websites, we will remember your currency selection when you return.
- Advertising: These cookies and tracking technologies allow us to deliver content, including advertisements, relevant to your specific interests. This content may be delivered on our Websites or on third party websites or services. They allow us to understand and improve the relevancy of our advertisements. They may track personal information, including your IP address.
HOW CAN I CONTROL COOKIES?
If you visit our Websites from the European Union and/or the European Economic Area, only required cookies, as described above, will be used on our Websites by default. Other cookies and tracking technologies will only be used when you consent by visiting each Website’s Cookie Management Center at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, where available.
Where you visit our Website from outside Europe, all cookies and similar tracking technologies described above will be used by default. If you would prefer not to receive personalized ads based on your browser or device usage, you may generally express your opt-out preference to no longer receive tailored advertisements. Please note that you will continue to see advertisements, but they will no longer be tailored to your interests.
If you opt out of receiving certain cookies from us, your web browser will be associated with a generic “opt-out” cookie, which will prevent us from associating any non-personal information with your browser. Our “opt-out” cookie has no expiration date. Since this program is cookie-based, you may need to opt out again if you do any of the following:
- Delete your cookies;
- Block cookies, including third party cookies;
- Switch internet browsers;
- Change computers; or
- Upgrade your web browser.
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings via the “options’ or “preferences” menu in your browser. Please note that if you set your browser to refuse or block all cookies, certain features or functionalities of our Websites will be limited or unavailable to you.
Some internet browsers include the ability to transmit “do not track” signals. Because no industry standard has yet been developed with respect to “do not track,” our Websites do not currently process or respond to such “do not track” signals.
Some internet browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 and other Local Storage Objects.
To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html.
Further information about deleting and blocking cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.