This is the recommended procedure to discover Powerstore and requires that you are physically present in the data center where the Powerstore base enclosure is installed.
In case, you don’t have direct access to the DC where the Dell EMC PowerStore system is located then you can also discover it via the Powerstore Discovery Tool.
PowerStore NVT (optional)
Download and run the PowerStore Network Validation Tool (NVT) to validate that your networks are correctly configured. The NVT can be downloaded from Dell EMC Central Solutions at https://psapps.emc.com/central/solutions.
Note: It is required to already have an account on www.dell.com/support to download NVT.
Ensure that your workstation’s Ethernet adapter is configured as follows:
- Connected directly to the PowerStore service port on node A.
- Configured with a static IP address on the service LAN network (22.214.171.124/24) with no gateway address defined (126.96.36.199; 255.255.255.0; no gateway)
- Able to ping the IP address of node A’s service LAN port (188.8.131.52)
Connect your workstation or laptop to the service port on node A of the enclosure.
NOTE: The procedure in this section only applies if you are physically present within the data center.
If you do not have access to the base enclosure, skip these steps. You must download and run the PowerStore Discovery Utility on a remote system or virtual machine to discover your system.
- In a web browser, go to https://184.108.40.206
- Log on to PowerStore Manager and begin the initial configuration process using the following default credentials:
Default password: Password123#
You can now disconnect the workstation or laptop from the service port after the initial configuration process is complete.