In this article, we will look at how to map the volume to a host in PowerStore using PowerStore Manager. It is possible to map a volume to a single host or multiple hosts.
If you have to map a volume to multiple related hosts (Cluster) then you might want to create a host group and then map the volume to it. This will make volume management easier for you. As, when you map a volume to a host group, the volume will be mapped to all the hosts in the host group automatically.
Restrictions of Volume Mapping to Host
- After a volume is mapped to a host, it shares the same storage protocol (SCSI or NVMe) as the host to which it is mapped.
- Mixed protocols are not supported.
Map volumes to a host or host group using PowerStore Manager – Step by Step
- Login to Powerstore Manager
- Click on the storage tab
- Click on Volumes
- Select the volume you wish to map to the host/host groups
- Click on Provision
- Click on MAP to open the Map Volumes slide-out panel.
- Click on SCSI for iSCSI/FC and for NVME host select NVME.
- Select the host you wish to map the volume to.
- Optionally, select LUN id or leave it to default for auto selection.
- Click Apply
Alternate Track – Map Volume to Host Using PowerStore Manager
- From Compute > Host Information, check the box next to the host or host group to which you want to map volumes.
- Select Provision > Map to open the Map Volumes slide-out panel.
- Select one or more volumes that you want to be mapped to the host or host group.
- Select whether to provide a Logical Unit Number or have one generated automatically.
- Click Apply.